Thursday 12 January 2012

CRITICAL REFLECTION A.

"The challenges of change are always hard. It is important that we begin to unpack those challenges that confront this nation and realize that we each have a role that requires us to change and become more responsible for shaping our own future." -Anonymous


I chose this topic because I have a passion for Africa. Everything about it; nature, beauty, culture and the people.  For something that has been going on for twenty odd years, I am surprised as to how many people are clueless about this issue, myself including. And then I ask why? Why is it that people don't care? These are human beings suffering, it is not just an issue of drought or global warming; it could of been me or you. Now the thought of apathy comes to mind, if this was happening to you, would you want the whole world to care? Yeah. So, why not do the same even if you aren't a victim? Money is what is needed to rid this famine. I thought that it wouldn't be a problem, if the whole world donated a fraction each of what money is needed then it would be solved. Well, I have definitely learned that it won't happen. We've all got to be for it; the African politicians, England, North America, Japan, me, you! If there isn't full support all the time, all these problems won't be solved. It is not just a food issue or a drought issue. It's agricultural, it's money, its controlling the warfare. The number one thing I have learned is that IT IS HARD. It's hard to resolved this famine if there is more then one cause to the problem. I don't care if geologists saw this drought coming and they could of prevented it. The thing is, that it happened and it is real. I now understand that the world is doing the best it can under these difficult circumstances and it is much more of a bigger issue then first glancers make it out to be.


www.zunia.org



No comments:

Post a Comment